Tuesday 2 September 2008

Finally Arrived in Northern Uganda

Finally arrived in one piece after a very long indirect flight from Heathrow to Kampala and a blistering drive across country in an old army truck. I’ve not really been outside much yet. The hotel is OK; can’t complain about the hot shower and clean sheets though there was a cockroach on my pillow – it’s the little touches that make all the difference.

Unpacked, forgot my deodorant! However, managed to get my new sat phone up and running. Hopefully this will work better than the last one, I really don’t have much luck with technology – we seem to have a natural enmity. Apparently this new QuantumSat phone is connected to a website and has some fancy GPS map type things, which I’ll probably never learn to use. It comes with an online interface thingy. Just as long as I can phone the cat-sitter back home in Dulwich and make sure Wiffy is getting her worm medicine.